Dennis Bakke just released his book, “Decision Maker: Unlock the Potential of Everyone in Your Organization, One Decision at a Time.” In a minute, I will tell how to win a fee copy of the book.
If someone asked you for the key to employee engagement, happiness at work or bottom line results, what would you say? Chances are it would be something like pay-for-performance, employee benefits, a safe work environment or plenty of opportunities. My guess is, decision-making authority would not be at the top of your list, but Dennis Bakke thinks it should.
Dennis first introduced the importance of decision making in his book “Joy at Work: A Revolutionary Approach to Fun on the Job“. Since then, the co-founder and former CEO of AES (a global Fortune 200 power company) and CEO of Imagine Schools, authored a follow up book entitled, “The Decision Maker: Unlock the Potential of Everyone in Your Organization, One Decision at a Time”. The book is Based loosely on Bakke’s experience implementing the Decision Maker Process at AES. Through story, Bakke chronicles the opportunity, struggles and benefits of driving decision-making throughout a company, together with an Advice Process.
I had the opportunity to interview Dennis on the Decision Maker process and here’s what he had to say:
Questions I asked Dennis Bakke included:
1. What is the Decision-Making process and how did you uncover it’s importance?
2. How does the Decision-Making process unlock the potential of employees that are often overlooked?
3. What role does persistence play in the successful implementation of the Decision-Maker process?
4. Besides the benefits to the business, what is the Decision-Maker process so important?
5. What would you say to someone who does not believe their company will adopt the Decision maker process?
To win a free copy of The Decision Maker
Just do the following:
1. Subscribe to this blog. If you’re not already a subscriber, click here to subscribe for free.
2. Leave a comment below. Tell me why you want a copy of the book. The more creative, the better. Click here for comments.
3. Spread the word. Share this post on Twitter or Facebook. Send a Tweet by clicking here or Facebook by click here.
On Tuesday, March 19th, I will choose three winners for a free copy of the book, based solely on my preference of the comments and Twitter or Facebook content. Thanks and good luck!
Question: What do think of the Decision Maker process? You can leave a comment here.
Legal Stuff (aka Promotion Rules & Regulations):
– No purchase necessary.
– Odds of winning are based on number of entries.
– Entries may be received between March 12, 2013 and March 18, 2013.
– One entry per person.
– Value of the prize is estimated at $15.00 (fifteen U.S. Dollars).
– U.S. residents 18 and older are eligible.
– Disclosure: Although I never promote something I would not buy myself, I was provided a free, advanced copy of this book by the author