“The servant-leader is servant first… It begins with the natural feeling that one wants to serve, to serve first. Then conscious choice brings one to aspire to lead. That person is sharply different from one who is leader first…”
– Robert K. Greenleaf
New to Servant-Leadership? Check out this short PowerPoint deck focused on introducing the topic. In addition, you can read this blog post describing many of the core attributes of servant-leadership, review the top 5 servant leadership posts here, check out some of the videos below or visit these other sites for more information.
Below are the top posts, here at The Modern Servant Leader, that you may find useful in learning more about servant leadership, the principles and those who practice it:
- Servant Leadership Manifesto
- Primus Inter Pares or First Among Equals
- Servant Leadership Stripped Down
- Discovering Servant Leadership
- Leadership Assessment for Servant Leaders
There are many videos online with varying perspectives on servant leadership. Below are two of the best.
Southwest Airlines – Colleen Barrett
President of SouthWest Airlines, Colleen Barrett, speaks about Servant-Leadership at SouthWest while addressing UPenn Wharton. Date: 2008-07-09.
Dateline NBC – The Power of Faith
So you checked out some posts here, watched the videos and still want more? Great! Welcome to the servant leadership club. It’s a small but growing group of folks who understand the true power of authentic leadership for sustainable success. The sites and folks below can help you on your journey.
Servant Leadership Organizations
- Greenleaf Center for Servant Leadership: Greenleaf.org
- Spears Center for Servant Leadership: SpearsCenter.org
- Network for Servant Leadership: ServantLeadership.Ning.com
Servant Leadership Blogs
- Servant Leadership Blog, led by Viterbo University: ServantLeadershipBlog.com
- A Servant’s Heart Northforkcsl.org