My thanks to each and every one of you for the incredible support in 2015. I started ModernServantLeader.com with a mission to spread servant leadership awareness, adoption, and action. With your help, it’s clear we are making progress on our mission. So as we turn the corner on another year, I want to pause, thank you and share some of our progress.
I am honored to share that, this year, MSL moved into the Top 10 Leadership blogs, globally, according to Blog Rank. This was driven by the increase in traffic. We had over 250,000 pages viewed. This was a 30%+ growth over last year. 2015 also marked the first year we had visitors from every country (we came very close, each of the last 3 years). Here’s what folks viewed:
Among the most popular resources on the site were:
- Quotes for Servant Leaders – I continue to grow this list. If you have some to add, please leave a comment.
- Top Leadership Experts to Follow – We’re updating the list for 2016. Be sure and vote for your favorites.
- Servant Leadership Assessment Quiz – If you haven’t tried it, take the quiz and let me know what you think.
- Servant Leadership Acronym Definition – Still the most comprehensive definition, that’s easy to remember.
- Servant Leadership 101 Course – The free course for an introduction to servant leadership. I have big plans for this in 2016.
Most Popular Posts
As for posts, the most popular content in 2015 included:
- To Our Military: Thank You for Your Service – I’m honored to see the sharing of this post across American (and other) armed forces.
- Fortune’s Best Companies to Work For Practice Servant Leadership – Many MBA and Doctoral students have been citing this post among their research sources.
- Do You Really Know Your Stakeholders? – It seems a couple senior executives at large organizations shared this message broadly.
- 7 Leadership Lessons from Yoda – I’m not surprised, but may the Force be with you, my fellow Star Wars fans…
- 5 Tips for Great Meetings and the Hidden Benefits – This post also had the benefit of a couple popular business executives that chose to share this with their teams.
I had the opportunity to speak at several events in 2015. In addition, this year once again saw great events focused entirely on servant leadership advocacy and development. I was honored to support a couple and look forward to those in the year ahead.
- World LEADERS Conference – I was thrilled to help with the digital media program this year and look forward to it again in 2016. If you haven’t signed up, you should. Let me know if you do, so we can connect in person.
- Servant Leadership Institute – This was the first year that the Servant Leadership Institute hosted their awesome program on the East Coast. I hear it was a big success and I hope to make it to their events in 2016.
- Servant Leadership Summit – The folks at Weaving Influence held a great virtual discussion on servant leadership as well. I hope they make this an annual event.
It’s been a wonderful year for the servant leadership community. We continue to see growth and adoption in a variety of industries, markets, and geographies. Still, we have a lot of work ahead of us if we are to eradicate bad leadership practices. I look forward to working with you on our mission in 2016. Thank you for your support.